Sunday, September 26, 2010

TAR is back!!

Ah, it’s Amazing Race time again!  It’s a new season, and yet there’s so much that seems familiar….

Hello, passive-aggressive couple where the guy has a superiority complex and the girl seems to both enable it and bitch about it! I look forward to hating both of you.

Hello, over-confident dorks!  It’s nice to see you’re Ivy League this time.  And it’s VERY nice to see you feel your a capella singing skills will be an asset when communicating with foreign cab drivers… (wha?)

Hello, beauty queen!  You have a formidable list of beauty queens and former beauty queens who have been appalling and clueless in some pretty spectacular ways, so I hope you brought your A game.  And some Vaseline.  

Hello, long-distance couple just meeting for the first time!  You’re a mother-daughter pair with an adoption twist this time – nice. The producers are expecting you to work out your issues on-camera, so please oblige.

Hello, pair of doctors!  So…they’re young, and they’re surgeons… how on earth do they have the time to go racing around the world on a game show for six weeks?  Are they super-doctors, or really bad doctors?

Couple taking things too quickly, I think you’re my favorites so far for the sole reasons that a) you’re from Florida, and b) you swear a lot... oh my lord, in the time it took me to type this sentence, Chad revealed himself to be a total asshat.  OK, never mind that.  

Yay!  I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was really looking forward to getting to know Team Tyler Perry better. Rats. I can't help but liking 'Sunshine' and I wonder if she has an equally strong evil-twin side when under stress. She's crossing herself in the preview so I guess not. Yes, Chad is an asshat. :)

CB said...

Oh, Intense Football Guy Who Is Just Being Real. I want to believe you're all reformed and humbled after one day on the Race, but I'm not optimistic.

I pray that Harry Potter and Other Guy last long enough to sing to a foreign cab driver who looks at them like they're totally insane.

Seriously, must there be a beauty queen on every single season now? As a former beauty queen, I don't get it.

Early faves: Team Either Super Or Terrible Doctors, Team Dad And Son Who Are Apparently Internet Famous Though I've Never Heard Of Them, and, surprisingly, Team Home Shopping, otherwise known as Team Hit In Face With Watermelon. I thought they were going to be super obnoxious but they seem like nice gals. So far.