Things I have considered doing:
- making a spreadsheet of all shows I want to watch
- ranking existing shows in order of favorites, then ranking new shows in order of potential
- putting all decent shows on my calendar to help me keep track of when they air
- using one of three (3) tv apps I downloaded to my phone
- quitting my job to stay abreast of all television related events, both network and cable
- running and hiding
- just reading books
Not on the list? Remembering that this is supposed to be purely for entertainment.
*sigh*
3 comments:
Hee, I do that too. IT IS STRESSFUL. I seem to remember throwing a straight-up tantrum a couple of years ago when the Heroes premiere (yeah, this was back when I was still watching Heroes, and also when someone was still paying the people who made Heroes to make Heroes) was FUCKING THREE HOURS LONG, counting the "catch-up special" that I stupidly watched. And then I had TWO HOURS OF THE BIGGEST LOSER to watch. And I was like "I QUIT! I QUIT, TV!!!" And then I remembered that TV is supposed to be fun. And then I stopped watching Heroes and dropped The Biggest Loser not long thereafter. (Though, let's be honest, I'm totally gonna watch it this year.)
I haven't even dived into my EW TV Fall Preview issue yet. Also, I just started watching the Mad Men DVDs. Why now? I don't know. Really not the best timing.
I will say that the DVR has lowered my stress level considerably when it comes to TV-watching. Bless you, DVR.
Lord, I found myself starting to stress out last week when all the promos began--"the new season is starting?? While I'm in Maine learning how to never eat my favorite stuff again?" SIGH. And then I remembered: for crying out loud, IT'S ONLY TV. Stupid brain, all wired up by the media empires for years.
I am very excited that the Fall lineup is starting. A nice break over summer watching Man vs Food and Daily Show has got me ready for my shows that I really get excited about. We've been going through our show list for about two weeks making sure everything is set to record while trying not to go overboard. I don't want to have to commit 4 hours every day to TV. So, two shows were canceled last season (LOST & Flash Forward) leaving room for two more! New shows we added to check out: The Event and Running Wilde. Hope they are worthy.
Post a Comment