Banana bread with peanut butter glaze
This month’s Cooking Light had a recipe for banana bread with peanut butter glaze (as well as a picture of it on the cover). Their banana bread recipe was all modern and funky, though – they had plain yogurt in it and peanuts and… no. I made my old faithful banana bread recipe, which has bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda and salt. Done. Delicious.
THEN I made the peanut butter glaze to put on top – powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk. It definitely put the bread close to the dessert category, and in the best way possible. Next time, I’ll serve the bread heated, with vanilla ice cream, and drizzle a little more of the peanut butter glaze on the ice cream, and then I will bask triumphant as the Queen of Banana Bread.
The Merona fall collection at Target
I’ve been watching Mad Men recently, and been resisting the urge to wear nothing but pencil skirts and shirtwaists with pearls. However, the entire Merona fall line at Target is straight out of 1961, so I am now just going with the flow. Quite happily.
Deep tissue massage
I get rebound headaches when I take too many drugs for my initial headaches, so I look for any other way to manage them. A one-hour deep tissue massage on my neck and shoulders = near magic. There was a slight improvement the next day, but two, three days later? Noticeable improvement. I’m getting another one on Monday.
The weather this weekend
Right now it is 76 degrees, sunny, and breezy. The high today is 82. I’m giddy. GIDDY.


2 comments:
Daaayyyuuummmm, I want some of that banana bread.
I just don't know why I've gained all this weight. The only bread I eat is made with BANANAS! Bananas are healthy, right?!
Post a Comment