I gave up eating lousy food for Lent. Or more specifically, I gave up eating food that does lousy things to my body. I used the Justice Potter Stewart definition of lousy food: I know it when I see it. I gave up candy, cookies, ice cream
Until today.
Mike got home from Amsterdam last night. Before his trip, I had specifically not mentioned any kind of food and I had deliberately NOT asked him to bring me stroopwafels. I didn't even tell him about them - not what they were, not that they existed. Instead, I'd asked for a cheesy souvenir, and he obliged.
Then... he pulls out another bag. "Babe, these were the only thing I ate in Amsterdam. They're ridiculous." And tosses me two packages of stroopwafels.
I took them to work and frantically gave them away, but I wasn't fast enough for... well... myself. I ate four, and there's another package on the kitchen table now.
When I got home, I had leftover green beans for a snack, but I don't think that really cancels anything out. My Dutch Sugar High is still pleasantly buzzing around my head, but I expect to be a raging, tired bitch in about an hour.
STROOOOOOPWAAAAAAAFELS!!!!
For your own addictive deliciousness, click here: http://www.stroopwafelshop.com/
1 comment:
honey i gave up wine for lent, again. only 9 days left until the jesus juice poureth over!!!! love the blog!!
Post a Comment