So CJB, over at Tea and Robots, posted an opinion piece regarding The Thong. And while I think she makes some valid points, I feel I must disagree on a key point.
It's true - sometimes the thong is not your best option. I was appalled to find that, according to wikipedia, they make thongs for girls as young as third grade now. Your biggest concern in third grade should be which boy is running after you during freeze tag - not VPL in your Gap Kids khakis.
However. There are times when I would rather live with illusion of a smooth ass than be faced with the incontrovertible evidence of exactly where your underwear ends and the rest of you begins. White jeans on a chunky person, for example. Let me maintain my illusion that everything is fine under there. Please. Because when your pants are wedged halfway up your breakfast, it's not like a regular pair of undies makes it all ok. All that does is let me see what part of you is covered and what part isn't - while your pants are still making a beeline for antipodean parts. You might as well thong in this case, because the full monty isn't going to save you.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not always pro-thong. A good pair of boycut shorts does the trick most of the time. But sometimes... sometimes, it's thong. Or consequences.
2 comments:
THONG THROWDOWN! OK, now, I CERTAINLY allow that there are times when a thong is preferable. Just because *I* choose not to wear one doesn't mean I disapprove. (Though -- EIGHT??? Good God.) I, too, have goggled at the occasional egregious panty line. But I feel that the purpose of the thong is basically to disappear -- to look (literally) seamless. Like visual FX. Or plotting. If you're like, "Hey, awesome CGI dinosaur! That must have taken forever to make" then the CGI isn't as successful as if you're like, "Eeek, a scary dinosaur!" Similarly, if you're like, "Hey, her pants are so plastered to her ass that they are actually in it, and yet I can't see any panty lines! She must be wearing a thong!" I feel it's not as successful as being like, "Nice butt."
In conclusion: If your pants are a little too tight for regular undies, a thong might be just the ticket. If your pants get much tighter, though, then maybe, like, you just need looser pants. A thong is not a cure-all, is what I'm saying.
Thongs are bad for your persoanl areas! Give them up!
Post a Comment